Thursday, 27 September 2007

Anglican Church Compromises

by Edwin Hesselthwite

I, Edwin Hesselthwite, a moral agnostic citizen, hereby make a vow. I will guarantee that any children I may have are inoculated against measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio, tetanus, and organised religion.

There is nothing better for society than an established church, and exposure at a formative age to Sunday School is a key stage in an education for questioning minds.


Some Anglicans, who agreed that maybe they shouldn't have an argument today.


Oh dear, you've got cancer have you? Can I offer you some tea?

1 comment:

Ann O'Dyne said...

I must say I agree completely with "exposure at a formative age to Sunday School is a key stage in an education for questioning minds"

and sent my daughter off to a church school which had Chapel every morning, in the hope that this would immunise her against any later embracing of the cult of christianity.

I can ignore Inquisitions and Missionaries, to find the really bothersome thing about 'active' christians, is that they think they have exclusive use of the ethic of 'kindness to fellow-man' etc.