Friday, 30 December 2005

Ted's songs of the year

by Ted Hoffman

These are the new songs that I have most enjoyed this year (I don't have the patience for long players, so there will be no album equivalent); I'm not sure that strictly speaking they were all released in 2005, but hey. They are of course in order, to do anything else would be a cop out.

Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole - Martha Wainwright
I predict a riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Apply some pressure - Maximo park
Army of Lovers - Lee Ryan
Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts - Arctic Monkeys
Be yourself - Audioslave
Factory - Martha Wainwright
Banquet - Bloc Party
2 More Years - Bloc Party
Juicebox - The Strokes
Trouble - Ray LaMontagne
Wake Up - The Arcade Fire
Hope There's Someone - Anthony and the Johnsons
Somewhere else - Razorlight

Looking back on my list I am disappointed it is not cooler, but I have resisted the urge to remove songs that truly belong here on the basis they were recorded by Audioslave, or to alter it so I look less like an NME reading teenager, which I really am not.