Wednesday, 6 April 2005

Airport blogging

by Dom Corrigan

I thought I take a leaf from Michael Jennings' book and write a blog entry from an airport, in this case Heathrow Terminal 4, where only 20 minutes ago my attempt to blag my way into Business Class failed in utter ignomy.

But that's not what this post is about, if indeed it is about anything - and we shall see if anything occurs to me before my time expires which it surely will because this airport internet business isn't provided gratis to us proles in economy.

I've often wondered why I find air travel so uncongenial to my delicate sensibilities, and have concluded that firstly, it is because I have more heirs and graces than my wallet will allow and, that air fares are pretty cheap, and so "just tolerable" is all you're going to get. And free internet access isn't part of the deal.

Should it be? Well, no. No more than phone calls from airports should be included in the price of your ticket. But what should be included in your ticket price? well I've talked to a few people about this, and they reckon I have in my hands a brilliant idea that could change the face of air travel, making it a lot more pleasureable to all concerned.

It goes like this. What you do is to t

No comments: